A Stair tool that works

Jim Smith

Question

I know I ask for this every year or so, but for the love of Mike, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can you not make an effing stair tool that works? All I want is a fecking box that looks like it comes out of GRAPHIC STANDARDS. I don't care about 3D (but that would be nice) just make it so it is not such a piece of crap that needs to be hidden & covered by a line drawing. You know, so it looks like something a person who draws junk of a living actually, well, you know drew the fecking thing.

I did say please.

Edited by Jim Smith

4 answers to this question

Amen!!!

I have spent the last hour or so trying to figure out why the stair tool is not displaying the way it says its supposed to display in the preview pane.

I drew a 2D stair and selected the option to hide everything below the cut line. The preview pane shows exactly what I want to see but unfortunately what actually displays is the reverse of that.

I thought maybe just a temporary graphic display error. I quit and reopen; still doesn't fix the problem.

Anyone know the secret to get the stair tool to work?

brian-rwc:

I only use the Stair Tool as a "helper". I keep it in a Class called: Hidden Vert Trans.

I draw 2D lines that look like something out of GRAPHIC STANDARDS overtop of the Stair PIO.

It takes extra time, but it is:

1- Less confusing

2- Less frustrating

3- More clear to the reader

4- Less time consuming than EFFING with any of the Stair PIO's

5- Gives me more control of my drawing