Getting clear glazing on windows

i have problems with my clear glass texture. when inserting a window or door and want to make it clear glazing i use the glazing-clear class for the glass but it comes out grey when rendering. i have set up a class to use blue glass and when i use that it works fine, but the glass obviously has a blue tinge. i tried deleting the glass clear texture and then re-importing it, so i wonder if it is in the settings?

I had a look at the video, but the problem seems to be with the clear glass texture in the window settings. It works fine with doors but when i set the Glazing and transom glazing classes to glazing clear in the windows settings they come out solid, but if i set those classes to Glazing-Blue (where i created a class using the blue glass texture) they come out with blue glass. Very perplexing!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Clive - I haven't watched the video that's been posted, but, you must assign a class for the glazing. By default, Windows use the classing Glazing-Clear, which has the Glass Clear texture assigned on the Other tab of the class definition.

Is this a file that you have migrated from an earlier version of VW? Pre 2011? If so, you may need to reimport the glass texture from the default libraries.

I can see that you've tried this already... but I do hope that helps you.

Thanks Tamsin but i have already assigned glazing clear. its strange because the glazing clear works on my door tool but not on the window tool, although glazing blue works fine on the window tool. i will play around with it a bit more, maybe i have to turn vectorworks off and on again!

I closed and re-opened vectorworks and opened a new file and the settings worked perfectly, but when i tried it with the file i am working on clear glazing did not work, so maybe i have set something up wrongly in that file which i will ignore for the moment and just use glazing blue.