Door "use part line styles" issues

So, I have been trying everything I can to solve an issue with the Wall Lines showing properly in my doors... and can't get it resolved.

I have attached a file showing the issue. I put a door into a wall, tell it to Draw Wall Lines, and tell it to Use Part Line Styles, and tell my "Wall Lines" to use a particular line type. The problem is... it REFUSES to actually use that line type. It seemingly picks a random line type to use, unless I set it to continuous.

And it picks a random line type to use for each file, and sometimes when I open the same file a different time.

I can't find where to set the class for the "Wall Lines"... otherwise I'd much prefer to use a class definition than using "Part Line Styles".

I've tried setting the door to not using any class, I've tried changing the class attributes to Use At Creation... and to not Use at Creation. There is nothing else using the line type it seems to want to choose.

With the test I posted, try changing the door to use the Dash Overhead as the Wall Line in the Use Part Line Styles. Click the OK, and then re-open it... and it's bounced back to the other line type it wants to use.

I'm lost.... Any ideas?

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Russ,

Initially, I set the scale of the drawing to 1/4". I turned off some of your classes and I can get Wall Lines to look however I want including turning them off.

See file attached

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner

Thanks Wes...

However when I open your attached file I still have the exact same issue. I try changing to Dash Overhead and it refuses to change to it in the parts.

Here's two screen captures from your file. The first shows where I select the Dash Overhead (you'll notice that it changes the little graphic to match the one below it, the ISO-15). After selecting that, I hit OK, and then re-opened the settings, and took the next screen capture... where it shows that the line type reverted to the ISO-15.

Is there something in my preferences that'll cause this?

Guest Wes Gardner

In your first screen shot, the little graphic for "Dash Overhead" looks like it's two dashes and three dots?

Mine shows as a Dashed line

Edited by Wes Gardner

Hi Wes...

Yeah, that's part of the problem... when I select it, the graphic changes to being whatever was previously selected. I tried to describe that in my reply.

Here's the process. I made a line type I want it to use. I go into the settings, and tell it to use that type... which is shown correctly initially... once selected the graphic changes to match the line type that was previously selected, however it becomes checked. I hit OK... and nothing changes in the actual document. Then I go back into settings, and it shows it again as the old line type. It refuses to actually use the type I made.

I'll alter my signature but I'm on Vectorworks 2013 SP3, on a Mac Pro, 2.93 Quad core Xeon. OSX 10.6.8.