VW full export on exit - label legend bug

I have come across a bug that is really bizarre and annoying. When we do full export on exit some of our symbols transform into a monster of the light fixture itself, a rectangle on top and the entire label legend square (with instructions) on top of it all. Replacing symbols with the same one doesnt always work, and you have to delete and reinsert over again. It doesnt happen to all symbols, just strip lights, birdies and now also mini tens. Lightwright is stuped at the issue and Vectorworks help line suggested remaking the label legends from scratch, which did not help the matter. Ideas anyone? See image attached.

• 2 months later...

I want to second this - I have this problem frequently, but only with Altman fixtures.

Once it happens, no matter how many times I undo/delete & reinsert/replace, etc, the symbol changes everytime I sync with lightwright, or attempt to edit the fixture in every way.

It is NOT associated with a specific label legend, because fixtures of other types using the same label legend are not affected.

Any other ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Luke

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We are aware of the issue and still trying to identify the exact cause and solution.

The only thing we have found so far is that sometimes if you add or update a fixture in LW and the symbol name is not present in Vectorworks it may cause the issue.

You may see it more often with some of the Altman fixtures because a few of the Altman's had a space before the symbol name. LW removes this space so when the data is sent back to Vectorworks the symbol name without the leading space does not exist.

The same thing may be happening with the cyc lights if they do not have a valid symbol associated with them.