Filter Window Schedule By Class

i have a phased project with an apartment and main home.

i need separate window schedules for each.

I used the window schedule resource available via the Tools>Reports>VA Create Schedule>Window Schedule Summarized command.

i created and formatted the schedule. some windows are the same type in the apartment and main home.

i classified the windows as "A-GLAZ-APT" in the apartment and "A-GLAZ-HOME" in the main home.

i tried adding the "class" criteria, but receive syntax errors

how do I filter one schedule to display the main home windows only and filter another schedule for the apartment windows only?

michaelk,

thank you for sharing the criteria and sample. i mistakenly pasted the criteria into one of the columns.

if i paste this criteria in the "ID" "No." or "Qty" column, I get the code instead of the result (see image)

I reviewed your worksheet and noticed you didn't have to paste the criteria in a cell to get the result i want.

how do i apply the criteria to the worksheet without pasting it into a cell?

Apply the criteria to the database rows.

1. click on the little triangle

2. In the pulldown choose Database Headers

3. Right click on the header database header row. (It will be the whole number row above the x.1, x.2.... rows.)

4. In the flyout choose Edit Criteria

That will get you to the GUI.

Click on the triangle again and click on Database Headers to get ride of the header row.

hth

mk

michaelk,

yes, that was the problem. I tried to enter the command directly into the cell when I needed to use the database header row.

I noticed another problem. I read about it previously in a thread, but couldn't find it this time.

The door schedule has a quantity column. If it shows more than 1 item, the width or height column multiples the door width by the quantity. I used the "/C4" operand at the end of the equation so the Width column now reads "=((Door.Width)/C4)" (see attached)

I thought that would divide the width by the quantity and correctly display the width for a single window.

What is the right syntax to get the correct width?