Wall Texture

I have to preface this with the idea that I am primarily working in the lighting industry with little experience using the architectural tools.

I am attempting to do a 3d perspective view of a corner of my house for a contractor. I took some measurements of the area drew some walls using the wall tool and it seems okay. What I am hoping to do is to get the view to more accurately represent what is there. My final output is either a hidden line or final shaded polygon rendering on a viewport.

This portion of the house has a poured foundation that goes about 1' ish above grade. Following that it has siding for most of the way up. I am trying to get that to show up in a hidden line view. How can I get a rendering texture on a wall that will make the look of the siding appear in 3D on a hidden line view?

Also if I can do this how would I do this in a way where I have it start at a 1' elevation?

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you very much, that was very helpful as I never thought about applying a hatch to a extracted surface. That creates the look I was attempting to get in a perspective view.

However I am curious if there is any way of doing this to actually make 3D geometry without detailing out all the 3D geometry by hand. I don't really need this, but it is a thought I had. Say I wanted to create a section where I just made a 2D polygon from a extracted surface and I put a hatch to represent siding on it. In my section I would not see any representation of the actual siding because the siding is essentially flat. I am thinking this isn't really doable without going through and modeling everything, but worth asking.

Thanks again.

Matt

This amounts to modeling, but not necessarily everything: Explore the Array Surface command. Siding, or other objects, can be arrayed on a small area of the model, classed to disappear when not needed, and made visible in the section. Or large areas can be arrayed with only a small effort - roof tiles, siding, solar arrays, space frame, etc.

-B