Installing vwx 2008 on osx Lion 10.7

Sam Lee

Question

Ive recently installed vwx 2008 onto a mac without Rosetta, it took me a while to figure out so i thought id post it here in case any one else needed to do the same.

vwx 2008's installer uses Rosetta, and since osx 10.7 this has not been supported on macs, lucky though the actual program itself runs natively without Rosetta, so as long as you can get the install done your fine..

My approach to this was to dig out an old mac running 10.6 or earlier, fully install vwx on there, install the latest service pack, then go to the application folder, and copy the 'vectorworks 2008' folder to a usb stick, then transfer that file onto the other machine, drag the 'vectorworks 2008' folder into the application folder on the new mac, and there you are, you should now be able to run vwx 2008 sp3 on your 10.7+ mac.

Another approach would be to already have a 10.6 (or downgrade to 10.6) or or earlier machine (which was your main machine) install vwx on there, then upgrade the machine to 10.7 or 10.8 as its just the installer that needs to run using Rosetta.

Hope thats helpful.

2 answers to this question