Referenced viewport moving on page when updated

Hi,

I have been having a problem with my reference viewports.

When I make a change to the original file and save the change, it seems to shift its position in the referenced file.

This is a problem as I have about 30 referenced viewports and keep having to re-do them.

Thanks

Jonathan

Vectorworks 2010 Architect.

Windows 7

Unfortunately I cannot provide much assistance but do empathise as I have seen it a number of times but never got to the bottom of it.

I've got a feeling that there is/was a big bug in this area and it has been rehashed across different versions so the results/cause have never been consistent. I would also bet that the problem has not been fully resolved as I've also seen the problem in 2013.

In early versions of viewport referencing, probably around vw2008/2009 early service packs, viewports would just move for apparently no reason. As service packs came out and versions were released, things got better and tbh, I don't see too many issues on 2011. But as I say, I've seen it on 2013 so the problem still exists.

I cannot help with the 30 or so files, but can provide some advice on what to avoid to preventing it happening again.

Things to try and avoid...

Never move drawing origin. If you do, you will end up chasing your own tail.

Try and keep drawing areas close to origin - not always easy.

Make sure you have latest service packs installed

Don't mix versions/service packs across workstations when editing - you may have a workstation on different sp causing the problem.

When fixing the problem, save and immediately reopen and check for movement. Do this 2 or 3 times per drawing.

Go through files methodically applying fixes one at a time. You may need to take files offline to prevent someone else editing and causing the problem al over.