Right-click script no longer works in VW2013

One of the right-click items that I have added to my workspace won't work. It works just fine in VW2012 and the script works from a drop-down menu but I can't get it to work with right-click. I've tried removing the script from my workspace & adding it back in but to no avail.

Here's the script (it toggles Guides class on and off:)

{12/3/2009}

{Bill Engelhardt}

{Toggles GUIDES classes off and on}

PROCEDURE ToggleClass;

VAR

x:STRING;

BEGIN

x:='Guides';

IF ((GetCVis(x)) = 0) THEN HideClass(x) ELSE ShowClass(x);

END;

RUN(ToggleClass);

Anyone out there have an idea why it won't work from a right-click menu? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No, that's what I'm saying. I have it under right-click but it doesn't work. I also have it as a menu drop down (same exact script) and it works just fine. I have toggle scripts for other classes and those work just fine too. For some reason, it's just the Guides toggle that won't work from a right-click menu.

• 2 months later...

Bump.

Am I the only one who has experienced this problem?

VW has released several service packs but this problem persists for me. I have several scripts assigned to the Document Context right-click menu and the only one that works is the one for my Demolition class.

The script works fine from a drop-down menu, just not from the right-click menu.

Any thoughts out there?

• 2 months later...

Looks like I'm on my own with this issue.

Just contacted "Service Select Priority Support" and was told that they can't help because the issue involves the use of vectorscript. Seems to me that the issue is with VW2013, given that the script works just fine from a drop-down menu and worked in VW2012. Also seems to me that vectorscript isn't third-party software so it should be supported by it's creator - NVW.

I think that I might have just reached the tipping point with my service select subscription. I was already on the fence because of releases that didn't seem to materially help my productivity and because I'm getting tired of the cumbersome upgrade every year. Now they've decided to provide limited support.

On the upside, I just freed up $500/year.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I tested the command as a context menu in 2014 and it works fine.

FYI: It's best to post about scripting question in the Vectorscript Forum. Most regular scriptwriters watch the Vectorscript Forum and visit the general Form less frequently.

Thanks Kevin.

When I installed your vsm into my workspace as I had done with my earlier script, it didn't work.

I had my toggle script in several places in my workspace. From a top-menu drop-down, in the document-context right-click, and in the object-context right-link. This configuration had worked fine in VW2012 and all the way back to VW2008.

If I remove the script from the object-context right-click, everything works fine. For some reason, VW2013 & VW2014 don't like having that script in both right-click locations.

Now I can get back to work.

Thanks for the help.

• 7 years later...