Adding a class when i hierarchical display mode

Ive just upgraded to 2013 and im getting to grips with what looks like the most useful new feature - hierarchical display

What i cant work out is if ive got a 'lighting' class with sub classes, how can i put more classes inside of it ?

So far i can just duplicate the class 'lighting' as per the image below and the i get

FcGFHte.png

But when i try to rename 2, 3, 4 they leave the lighting class and form their own class.

The other part of this im not sure how to do is add an existing class to another class, ie. as per the image below if i wanted to add 'lighting circuit A' to 'lighting' how would i do that ?

QlJ4LhF.png

Edited by LLI Design
specifically this image, how did you manage to get proper layer names under Drainage (i think thats what it is) instead of just 1,2,3,4 ect ?

You need to edit the Class name. Quickest way is to right-click on the Class in the Navigation palette and click on Edit. Then just change the name to what you want.

The other part of this im not sure how to do is add an existing class to another class, ie. as per the image below if i wanted to add 'lighting circuit A' to 'lighting' how would i do that ?

If I understand correctly, you just want to know how to subclass. Subclassing has been around a long time so maybe most take it for granted that others will know that adding a dash - will do the trick.

So the answer to your question above would be:

lighting-lighting circuit A

Thanks, that the "missing link" i was looking for.

If i get a drawing from someone else with say 100 classes already in it (non organised), whats the best way to reorganize them ? Would i have to go through and rename each one using the - syntax ?

or can you sort / merge in a easier way ?