Upgrade questions

As an 8.5.2 user I have been patiently waiting for the 10 version. I looked at 9.5 but found no compelling reason to upgrade. The helpful comments from this list suggested that many bugs had yet to be worked out.

The 9.5 Windows version seemed to work well enough in the tests I made in 2D. I was concerned that the Object info palette 'docked' and enlarged on the right hand of the screen and effectively made 20% of the screen unusable. I hope this is fixed.

Also I have yet to see a compelling reason to add

Architect to the program as the basic version seems to meet my general needs. perhaps someone could convince me that this would provide a meaningful advance in productivity. Thanks [Cool]

If you use the AEC workspace in VW 8, then you would probably want VW Architect.

VW Foundation only has a limited number of door and window symbols included in it. The door and window plug-in object is available as a symbol rather than a button in VW Foundation.

VW Architect has industry windows and doors already created for you, window walls, the door and windows and buttons, property line tool, revision cloud tool, a wide variety of funirture for inside the house, a variety of sheets and drafting tools such as columns and cabinets, plumbin, hvac, elevators stairs and ramps, to name a few.