VW 2013 delayed movement

I just loaded VW 2013 Fundamentals after using VW2008 for the last couple of years. I am doing really simple drawings ie. 2d rectangles with text and some hatch ... simple. But for some reason I am getting really jerky delayed movements whenever I move anything. For Example I grabbed a text box and an polyline, held down option and dragged to make a copy and it didn't move for a half a second and then when it did it kind of skipped over and when I released it took a second and half for it appear. plus if I don't continue to hold option (mac user) even after second place click it won't make a copy. It is very frustrating. My speed is one of my positives and this is slowing me down. WTF :mad:

Any suggestions on why this might be happening and how i can fix it.

I am running a late 2011 Imac 24" 4 GB 667 RAM 2.4 GHz intel core 2 dou.

Thanks

Drew

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You may find that the graphics card within your iMac does not have enough memory to support VW 2013.

Take a look at the Knowledgebase for more information:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/714/Video+Card+%7B47%7D+Graphics+Card+Guidelines+for+Vectorworks+-+9-17-2012

You can edit the Vectorworks > Preferences and on the Display tab turn off Enhanced Navigation Graphics, that might speed things up a little for you.