Different units on different sheets

This is so basic a CAD need that I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but I can't find it. As with every drawing package, you generally need different units on different Saved Sheets: feet and inches for large areas, inches for small details and decimal for metal work, for example. I've never seen a set of construction documents with a single unit style, so I know it must be a part of VectorWorks. I've been trying to figure this out since MiniCAD 5 so now I'm finally asking the question.

Please don't tell me to use the dual-dimension and turn one off. That is a workaround and besides I need more than two options. Also, VW2013 has a bug that often places the remaining dimension below the dimension line. That is not a good thing. Also, please don't tell me to use the dimension styles. That is also a workaround that isn't really what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I'm sure there is a way to do it and I just can't find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

MHBrown

Hmmm...regarding dimension styles, maybe I've made the wrong assumption about what they are. I thought they were formatting styles that simply wrote the units in different ways. I'll take a look and see if that can be made to work, but I'd still rather be able to set the units on each saved sheet (or each drawing) independently as units: feet, inches, centimeters, etc. I suppose I want all the same options I had back in the hand drawing days. I could use any units I wanted at any time. I consider this very fundamental, but that's just my opinion of course.

Thanks,

MHBrow