Sign in to follow this  
Christiaan

Artlantis 4.1: exporting wall component classes

It's been a while since I used Artlantis but I thought I could export wall component classes by choosing the preference option for plug-in objects to "retain their own classes".

Either way I'm not able to export the wall component classes, only the wall class itself.

Am I doing something wrong? Bug?

I too have the same problem - did you ever get any further with this? - It's probably the biggest limitation of the software for me at the moment!

i can not believe it works with slab but not with walls not even on 2014 and art5

Yes there is a work around to this problem. This is what we do for VW 2015 to Artlantis 5 for walls to export to the correct shader corresponding to the VW class you need to adjust the wall.

1) Select the wall and go to edit wall style. In the Textures tab change from "Use object Textures" to "Use component Textures" .

2) Back to the definition tab, make sure the components are classed accordingly.

This should correct the issue.

Cheers

As a long-time sufferer of this problem I was about to run round my office punching the air, but a quick delve into VW showed no Textures tab in Edit Wall Style - presumably because I don't have Renderworks (because I *do* have Artlantis!) . Aaaaargh!!!

This did not work for me too in DXF export from 2014.

Even set as you mentioned above.

But I am very happy as this works now in 2015 !

:)

Edited by zoomer

Did you find a work around for this. I am having the same issue.

Are VW trying to force me to buy render works just so i can export the walls with components properly?

There was a time when artlantis was the recommended rendering package for VW.

I guess now they want me to but cinema4d.

cheers.