Object disappears when I go to render

I was creating this last week, opened it this morning & went to render the house and it all just disappears and goes to the blue screen with no object there. When I click over it, it is still there.

I have tried to copy & past it into a new window but same thing happens. It will render in top/plan view only but again when I then try and change the view is vanishes. It seems to me the file is corrupted but it was fine when I last saved it.

Can anyone help - dont really fancy doing it all again.

Alice

Edited by AliceMolloy91

Are you rendering on a Design Layer or a Viewport? A Viewport will show a red box outline with a red X through it if the view has been changed since the last rendering.

If you can't see what should have been on a Design Layer, do a Select All and click on the centering icon Fit to Objects. Make sure your Layer setting includes all of the Layers you wish to see as checked for visible, and that the viewing options shown on the top of the palette are set to Show/Snap Others. (Make sure one of your Layers has been selected which puts a checkmark in place, otherwise your viewing options will be grayed out.) Lastly, to see your 3D objects on their various layers stacked, click on the icon Unified View (looks like stacked sheets of paper).

Lastly, make sure your Classes are set to (and almost always set to) Show/Snap/Modify Others.

Hit Command 5 to put things in order, use the Flyover tool to check things out.

Hope this helps.

Tom