Cropped viewports resist selection

Geez Louise, is this yet another bug in VW2013? When I create a viewport I am unable to select it unless I locate the crop line. Then I can select it. As a rule, my crop lines are hidden, so this takes a little doing. In VW12 you could click anywhere inside the crop line and drag your viewports around. Is there a way to turn this back on? Is this just something with my installation? Doesn't anyone test this stuff before release? I'm sure glad Nemetschek doesn't build airplanes.

Thanks for any advice.

MHBrown

VW2013 (beta?)

OS10.8.3

...add to my post above that you cannot snap to anything in the viewport when in Annotation mode. For example, I want to overlay a solid polygon on to my elevation to hide some joints and make it look smooth. I can't draw a polygon and snap it to the corners of the elevation. This is awful! I hope it's just my version and that I can simply restart or something. It doesn't seem to matter which "snap tos" I have active.

MHBrown

Is your Class visibility set to Show/Snap/Modify?

Is the Viewport OIP option enabled for Project Screen Objects?

I am not seeing that behavior you report. On a sheet layer, I can click anywhere in in a viewport and drag it. In annotation, my 2d tools all snap to visible design layer objects/edges/corners, intersections, etc. If the screen objects is unchecked, the Select tool needs to hover over an object in the VP or the Annotations or the Crop to make a selection for drag. Hovering on "empty space" within a VP's extent does not make a dragable click.

-B