Command-6 does not zoom to selected objects

In fact, it doesn't zoom to anything. Even if I deselect everything and hit Command-6 (in which case it should zoom out to show all editable objects) it shows nothing. I should add that I'm in group-edit mode where everything else is hidden. There is also this annoying pick box that flashes when I cross some invisible border that might indicate the boundary of the entire model, but it is hard to say. It is easy to say, however, that it is totally useless, obnoxious and I would deep-six it in a second if I could figure out a way to turn the darn thing off (as I have done with similar superfluous visual noise makers as I find them, but I digress.) Has anyone else experienced this behavior, namely a broken Command-6 zoom? Is it actually zooming to the hidden objects since I'm in group-edit mode? That would be an absurd, but not unprecedented, error in software logic (see Adobe Illustrator). Any help is greatly appreciated! I use this command often.

MHBrown

VW 2013

OS 10.8.3

I tried changing workspaces and the Command-6 worked. It seems like there is something about being in that particular edit group window that disables it. I think it is actually zooming out to the entire model for some reason. For example, let's say I am editing a lamp on a table in a farmhouse on a 60 acre farm. If I go "edit group" to isolate the lamp by itself, hitting Command-6 would zoom out to the entire farm site, not just the lamp. That's how it's acting, anyway. Thanks for the help. For now I'll just ignore it.

Perhaps there is some odd object that has been inadvertently included in the lamp group.

What happens if you select the lamp, Ungroup it, and Command 6?

Or, when in the Edit Group mode (and after you have Command 6 and VW has zoomed out to the entire farm site) what happens when you Select All? Is there some little object that you can see highlighted way out beyond the lamp object?

Perhaps there is a mix of screen plane and layer plane objects in the lamp?

Edited by bc