Christiaan

Symbol won't insert into Roof

Any idea why a symbol isn't inserting into a Roof?

I've already done it successfully earlier today. Now it just doesn't want to insert.

It must be a 3D symbol, so no 2D parts?

Except if it's a symbol of a window object right? Because I managed to insert one of those earlier in the day.

Slap me if it's too obvious, but "wall insertion mode" turned off? I know it says "wall", but it seems to control insertion into roof objects too...

No, doesn't seem to be the problem.

Are you guys able to insert one into a roof? Maybe I updated to SP3 in between being able to to do it and not being able to do it?

I've noticed I can insert some symbols, just not the one I've previously inserted. See attached file. Try inserting the symbol into the roof again.

One workaround is to insert a symbol that will insert into the roof and then edit that symbol by replacing its contents with the window you want to use.

Try a fresh symbol from VW's library and edit it to the way you like later in OIP. Those self made symbols or hybrid windows from the window tool tend to be rejected!

I did get it to work in a simple roof with 4 walls associated to the roof, but my roof seems to complex.

seems the roof needs walls associated.