Landscape Firms

• 3 weeks later...

Altorio Design Consultants

Landscape Architects ? CAD Trainers

Nepean, Ontario, CANADA

It's too bad that one would jump to something called LandCADD because of its database of plant material. I've been using MiniCad and VectorWorks almost from the 1st version. I've developed my own databases of plant material specific to my geography and hardiness zones. I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to use or acquire a database specific to my area but I doubt very much that I'd find one. The same thing applies to my library of plant and other symbols. Mine are much better than DG's but I don't really blame them for that. Theirs are very generic and are drawn that way. Mine are, well . . . mine.

• 10 months later...

I have been using this software for nearly 4 years. My practice is primarily high end residential: site planning and site development. Schematics / renderings, thru cd's-

I would enjoy hearing from others with similar work and am interested in collaborations-

bob@cleaverdesign.com

[This message has been edited by bob cleaver (edited 01-17-2001).]

• 7 months later...

Dear Tvetter; I've purchased Landmark but have been reading horror stories about inability to print and the usual technical glitches that are to be expected in a new product. I'm afraid to install until there is a downloadable patch to address those problems. I don't have Vectorworks 9 for that reason, as well. Years ago I used a CAD program that would go completely off. I still have drawings that I did with it that I can open but can't modify or correct. Hundreds of hours of work that had to be redone. So, what is your experience with Landmark? Since it comes with an embedded form of Vectorworks 9.0 does it come with the problems?

From the other side of the Cascade Curtain.

Dan B.

quote:

Originally posted by tvetter:

Switch from autocad / Landcadd to Landmark this year. Will not go back, this is a far superior progam even in its infancy.

ecoPlan & Design

Wenatchee, WA

[This message has been edited by tvetter (edited 08-30-2001).]

------------------

Dan

I have used Landcadd and autocad since ver. 10. Yes I have found bugs and shortcomings with Landmark, but nothing I could not work around. Tech support is awesome. I have gotten to know some of them very well. Much of this is do to the transition from autocad to VW. Like night and day. Any new version ( heck even the bug fixes) of Landcadd comes with more bugs and cumbersome command structures than VW/Landmark. I am PC based and do have problems with the large files and have had printing problems only once.

If you want give me your email address or phone and we can discuss Landmark more easly.

tvetter@wenval.com

quote:

Originally posted by DBL:

Dear Tvetter; I've purchased Landmark but have been reading horror stories about inability to print and the usual technical glitches that are to be expected in a new product. I'm afraid to install until there is a downloadable patch to address those problems. I don't have Vectorworks 9 for that reason, as well. Years ago I used a CAD program that would go completely off. I still have drawings that I did with it that I can open but can't modify or correct. Hundreds of hours of work that had to be redone. So, what is your experience with Landmark? Since it comes with an embedded form of Vectorworks 9.0 does it come with the problems?

From the other side of the Cascade Curtain.

Dan B.

[This message has been edited by tvetter (edited 08-31-2001).]

Dear tvetter;

You may reach me at borroff@home.com. I've had some printing problems with Vectorworks on my HP plotter. I bit the bullet and upgraded to a faster processor since their Tech support indicated that my system seemed to be maxing out the processor. I have approx. 800MB Ram. Dell is recommending more. Now one of my workstations will be printing and the other will be for drawing. I really wanted to do more in 3D but the rendering is so slow that it was difficult to do checks of the drawings for accuracy. I have had to reinstall the driver for my plotter 4 times now. The default settings do not work properly????? I'm not impressed with HP about that but I like the rest of the equipment features.

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by tvetter:

Switch from autocad / Landcadd to Landmark this year. Will not go back, this is a far superior progam even in its infancy.

ecoPlan & Design

Wenatchee, WA

[This message has been edited by tvetter (edited 08-30-2001).]