Grouping classes so you can turn multiple classes on / off with 1 click

Im running vwx fundamentals 2008, and some of our drawings are getting very class heavy, to the point were we are having to spend 5 minutes turning off tons of stuff to get the view we want.

Coming from a Photoshop background, im aware you can put you classes (or in Photoshops case layers) in folders and then turn those folders on / off, at which point all of the folders children turn on / off.

The grouped class structure could look something like this (below), so for instance with one click you could turn off 'Structural' and the walls, windows, doors classes would all turn off.

Classes :

Structural

• walls
  • doors
  • windows

Furniture

• sofa
  • chairs
  • tables

Notes / Dims

• dims
  • construction notes
  • decs notes

Is this possible to do in Vectorworks either in fundamentals 2008 or later versions ?

Edited by LLI Design
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this, Bruce!

Everything I do that involves importing AutoCad drawings from multiple sources, by multiple authors, requires that all the classes be turned on ALL THE TIME.

This is a huge timesaver for me for what should have been a simple option on previous versions.

Thanks,

Pat

In case you did not discover this already:

Reset ALL classes at once to Visible, Grey, or Invisible by option clicking anywhere in the corresponding the Nav Palette class column.

Make a Saved View of any class/layer setting you plan to view again before you do the option click! You may run out of undos before you get back to it.

-B

What I don't like about the grouped classes is that when you change the visibility of a group, it changes all the sub classes the same way, I hoped it would overwrite instead.

A vis

A1 vis

A2 not vis

A3 grey

If I want to turn all the classes A unvisible for a small period, I have to reset each setting of each subclass afterwards??

Edited by hippothamus