Working plane

Im new to this forum but have a little experience in VW. I thought that this particular project would be easy but its proving difficult. I have a DWG file, I have imported it and have been using it to make a 3d model. I have extruded the g.f plan. The problem is that the whole file is in top plan. I need to extrude the roof but i need it to be in front view or right/left view. if i copy and paste it, it always shows up as top plan, i have tried moving the axis, but i dont really know what im doing !! can anyone give me a literal step by step guide. I would really appreciate the help !!

S

rule number one for extrusions is that they are always perpendicular to the plane of the object. This means that you don't always have to be in front view to extrude in that direction, provided that the working plane is set correctly. When you're creating extrusions you can choose to create objects on the screen plane, the layer plane, or a working plane. this means that you could work in an isometric view and still extrude in the direction you need.

If you're new to Vectorworks, I suggest that you get a good manual to help you understand how extrusions work. The 3-D Modeling Tutorial Manual is designed to do this.

http://www.facade-it.co.uk/pricing/Vectorworks/training_pricing.html#VW2013_Tutorial_Manuals