Previous View

Hey! How'd you get that version of OS 10? shocked.gif" border="0

That's actually one of the few things in VW you can't assign a shortcut to. To my knowledge there is not an undocumented shortcut stroke for it. I'll add it to the wish list for ya.

Spare time? whats that?

Our local users group needed a website, but I think it's grown abit out of hand so it turned into a community site.

It's not sanctioned or endorsed by NNA, so anything on the site is "un-offical".

If I actually had a job programming for NNA, then it would be a waste of time. As it is, I have to get approval any web projects I do on company time. VectorWorker is a free time project, but there will be a small addition to the tech support website in the next few weeks.

Well the poll should "try" to prevent ballot stuffing, but there are a lot of ways to cheat. As a statistic, if your trying to do somthing important with the results your insane. Otherwise it can provide a nice little metric for NNA to judge what users want. In the long term I'm sure we will have a number of different polls.

Hey, in future we may even have content, if you want just click on the "Get Published" link at the top and submit your own stories.

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: Matthew Giampapa ]

Chris,

Well if you want to start an user group in your area, your perfectly welcome to. The Mid-Atlantic User Group was started by a former employee Frank Brault who now does freelance work and consulting.

A complete list of all the user groups we know about is at http://www.nemetschek.net/training/usergroups.html.

For VWMAUG, NNA is only providing a meeting location in exchange for an occasional presentation from the marketing department. NNA has also created a e-mailing list for our use at lists.nemetschek.net, but I'm sure that Dan (dan@nemetschek.net, the head of marketing) would be willing to do the same for any other user group that wants one.

Employees are welcome to stop by (both Katie and I do so)

VectorWorker is still in it's infancy, I only registered the domain and set this up last week. In the long run I hope make it into a centeral point for any user group that wants to use it.

At this point the only thing I don't plan on doing with it is selling other products. I think VectorDepot has this covered and would not want overlap it's buisness.

Chris, if there is anything specific you want to see there, just send me (matt@giampapa.com) an email. The feature set of the site is still expanding rapidly.

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: Matthew Giampapa ]

no no no, I will fight to keep you Matt. you have helped me out of way too many jambs, Katie too. regardless of some of the comments on the boards, you guys are some of the most helpful tech support people I have talked to. other than getting dropped off into hold hinterland a couple of weeks ago, you all have been responsive, quick and helpful.

Chris, Answering this message board is not in my job desciption. I'm here solely as a volunteer. I'll be sure to start a pay pal account and post my account number here. All tips will be welcome! grin.gif" border="0

*just kidding*