Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Search for symbol in symbol

While having a handle on a mastersymbol, I would like to search if there is a slavesymbol in the selected mastersymbol, obviously I also need a handle to the slavesymbol. Is this possible ?

OR

I could change the symbol insertion options to make it a group on placing in the drawing. But then I would need to be able to find symbols in a selected group. + I prefer the above in case I ever want to change the symbol in an excisting drawing.

Edited by hippothamus

I won't have a handle to the definition. Its about symbols selected in the drawing. I have a loop that gives them some sort of numbering, when I have symbols in symbols it needs to number the slavesymbols instead of the master ones. Now I think about it my first suggestion won't work, cuz I can't change the Mastersymbol. So they have to become a group first. looking into that

Edited by hippothamus

well I made my question a mess:

I'm not looking into changing the slavesymbols, so I don't need a handle to the definition.

I have multiple selected objects being (symbols and groups). My symbols get a number in my drawing, with SetRField. The selected groups have multiple symbols inside, which also should be numbered. So i'm looking into a handle for each symbol, in a group on my drawing.