Area Polygons... or just closed polygons

Something that hass bugged me from day one is Vectorworks apparent lack of accuracy in locating the end points of arcs and lines such that having constructed a set of arcs and lines describing a closed area (but not actually a VW polygon) Vectorworks is then unable to 'combine into surface' this closed area because (I assume) some of the lines and arcs don't quite touch. Is there a way around this in VW8.5.2? without having to extend the arcs a little further in their circle so that they go past the end point of the line and then drawing a third line that crosses the arc and the line at their supposed point of intersection.....This is what I have been doing. very time consuming. It's all very imprecise and annoying and I need some help.

Anyone??

Also is there a way to accurately draw a polygon with a mix of arcs and straight line segments? I know there is I just find it very confusing and never know when the arc is going to stop and the line start. If you know what I mean.

#2 - Yes, you can do that. Use the polyline tool with the various vertex modes, then convert the object to a polygon. If you want it closed, you can checkmark "closed" in the OIP.

As for the arc and line issue. You cannot select a few arcs and lines and have it convert into a polygon. You need to combine the arcs and lines with the connect tool. That will give you a polyline which you can convert to a polygon with the "convert to polygon" command under Tool.