Stairs/nosing problem

Mattheng

I think this is specific to Landmark as we don't get the standard Stair tool.

The precise problem is that I had two steps that were 4m wide, a total of 500mm high and 800mm deep.

Worked fine.

I then added that the treads were 40mm thick and had 25 mm of nosing.

I suddenly have a 25mm gap between my top stair and the paving around it..?

Vectorworks had kept the overall depth at 800mm and shrank the top stair by 25mm to allow for the nosing...(?)

So the top step is now actually 375 deep and the nosing is 400mm deep, not 425mm, which is what I actually wanted.

Most importantly, the steps are now different sizes! Top one is 375 with 25mm nosing but the bottom one is 400 with 25mm nosing...?!?!?

How do I get two 400mm steps with 25mm nosing or is the stair tool (or the custom stair tool) just not capable of doing it...?

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is because I am using Landmark and not Architect/Designer. I think I am missing some commands. I can't find the command you mention, DWorks, for example.

I have, however, found one problem!

The 2D representation doesn't tie in with the 3D in my example above. The 3D stair IS correct. Bug?

But, and this is where everyone probably goes off and does something more interesting, the 3D stairs in the sections of some of my models have had the same unintuitive size issues as the 2D above. Some of the sections I have done have been so weird that I have had to draw in new stairs. Kind of defeats the point of having the sections generated automatically.

I will try and dig them out and do another post / stick them under here but the 2D / 3D is definitely a problem.

Anyone else seen it?

Plus can is there an easy way to put bull nosed treads onto stairs?

Matt