Label Legend on 3D Only Device?

MattG

Has anyone come up with a solution for applying a label legend to a 3D only lighting device?

I am working on a project with a number of curves that from a front view are making a frown. I am showing the lights in 3d and curving with the truss. I am using a 3D only symbol. However as soon as I apply a legend vectorworks wants to think it is a hybrid symbol and I can see my containers, but not the 3D symbol. I want to see the containers and the 3D symbol.

I'm not sure if anyone has a option or thought for this.

I have had similar situations in the past and I wound up making dummy lighting devices and just leaving the 3D symbols as symbols and not devices and applying the actual information to a dummy symbol that may of only been a 2D loci. However this gets really old really fast.

Matt

I understand the parts database and do not care for that. We do a lot of custom/unique things. It is often easier to just use the 3D symbol and rotate them opposed to editing all my symbols to meet the necessary criteria in the parts database.

Also when you do something where trusses are at odd angles I will often build them in plan view and rotate in the appropriate view. This would be a pain to constantly adjust fixtures individually.