VW2013 More Label Legend Issues

I know there have been a whole bunch of posts recently about bugginess in Label Legends in VW2013. It seems like some of the issues have been resolved in SP3, (such as the container right-reading bug) but I still have a couple of very annoying issues remaining:

1) I am unable to get vertically rotated text to show up via a legend if the legend is set to be non-rotating in Label Legend Manager. I am using the same legends I have been using for many versions of VW and in my legends, the purpose field is vertically rotated so the purpose should be written-out alongside the light and in line with it, vertically if the light is pointing up. If the Non-Rotating option is checked in the legend's Edit Fields dialog in Label Legend Manager, then all text displays at 0? all the time. This is not how this should work, right? I would think expected behavior is that the text shouldn't ever rotate from it's angle/position in the legend as the light rotates. It should not be locked to 0?, overriding my legend's layout. I guess the workaround is to turn off Non-Rotating for all my legends, but this is frustrating.

2) For many years, I have used a custom Light Info Record format which includes a text field called "Use Legend". In previous versions of spotlight, this field would allow me to specify a default legend per symbol so whenever I inserted a lighting instrument, it would already have the proper legend. Now, it seems to no longer work. When I insert my lights, they get added with no Legend at all. However, if I do a "Replace with Active Symbol" from within the Lighting Device's Object Info Palette, then it grabs the proper legend and adds it. My current workaround for this is to have to manually assign all legends. Grrr.

Thanks for any help/suggestions/fixes.

Jake

VW2013 Spotlight on Mac OS 10.8.3

Edited by jaked

Thanks for the reply, Kevin.

Bug submitted for second one.

Could I possible then turn #2 into a feature request? It was an incredibly useful part of my workflow and have spent a huge amount of time making custom legends for different lights in different orientations and assigning them all to be the default per symbol. Why would this not be the intended behavior when it works so brilliantly? Since the default Light Info Record has no "Use Legend" field, who does it hurt by keeping the feature as it was? For most users, it will remain as-is, but for power users who want to make custom Info Records, it saves hours and hours. Please bring it back!

• 4 months later...