Make terms agree when creating text styles

Tom G.

Question

The Format Text command (Menu Bar: Text > Format Text) can be used to setup text at any time and also allows the creation of Text Styles but the act of creating Text Styles from this palette is not clear. Please add terminology to the top of this palette that shows actions that will Create Text Style. Currently, the terms are too vague and do not suggest immediate action, in my opinion.

Can we get a button on the OIP to Create Text Style? As it is (if I'm playing the part of a newer user) we're forced to find another command somewhere that must read "Create Text Style". I might guess it's located under Text on the Menu Bar but don't see it. There is the term Format Text. Perhaps this menu command has something to do with Creating Text Style? I open the palette but still no offering of the term other than saving something or other.

My point is most users will not find their way to creating Text Styles without struggle since terms are not offered or the term that is--Format Text--is too far off for most people to make the leap.

Perhaps "Format Text/Create Text Style" could be the command placed in the Text Menu Bar?

Tom

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet