8.5.2 Classic Mode Wireframe issue

PeterT

Why is it when running VW 8.5.2 in OS X Classic Mode I get a "switch to wire frame mode" message every time I try to nudge something? This occurs when I am already in wire frame mode, and in top plan view. If I re-select wire frame mode anyway, it knocks me into orthagonal projection, then I have to re-select 2D plan projection, then I can nudge.

I am also getting a "re-render or switch to wire frame" dialog every time I enter or exit a group, and sometimes when I choose a sheet from the saved sheets menu.

What is up with this?

PeterT

Katie,

We are running OS 10.1.5. and we are working entirely in 2-D. (i.e. no light objects, and no rendering)

This does not happen with any specific file, but seems to be randomly happening to most files.

Actually, we are also having same problem in OS X native running VW 9.5.2.

My co-worker just exemplified it for me on his machine( G4 800 Mhz, OS 10.1.5, VW 9.5.2).

He selected an object, tried to nudge with shift/ arrow and nothing moved, he then immediatly chose a sheet from the choose sheet pull up menu, and got the " re-render all layers or switch to wireframe" dialog.

I thought it might have something to do with our custom workspace, which is common to both versions of Vectorworks, but after switching to the "Standard" Workspace, my co-worker tried choosing a sheet and still got the re-render dialog.

I can not figure this one out.

Please help, Peter