Custom visibility

I seem to remember in VectorWorks 12 a command called "custom visibility" where you could create a script using various criteria and then make all objects so defined be temporarily turned "off." For example, I'd like to make all the text on my drawing invisible. I know I could do this with Classes, but that is not my question. My question is whether or not the "custom visibility" menu command is still available or if it has been removed (or if I was just imagining things!)

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I found it in Custom Visibility in the "legacy" tools menu. Very odd choice to scuttle such a useful tool. When I ask to place the new script into an existing palette, however, it doesn't go. In fact, I can't create a script from the Tools menu, name it, and have it visible on the scripts palette of my choice. Is this happening to anyone else? The only way I can save a script is to create a new floating palette, which I don't want to do.

Thanks,

Mike

VW 2013 service pack 3

iMac 27"

OS 10.8.3

It will not go on a scripts palette because it is not a script, it is a menu command. You have to use the Workspace editor to add it to your workspace.

Likewise, scripts can not be added to a tool palette or a menu because they are not tools or commands. But if you have the source code for the script it can usually be converted to a tool or command.

But it DID go on a scripts palette. I have a floating palette named "Hide Text" and it has a single script on it named "script-1." It works great; I click it and all my text vanishes. I have no easy way to turn them back "on," however. I need to add another called "Show Text" so I can bring the text back. If it is a menu command, too, that's fine. I can use it from there...as long as I can place a "Show Text" command right under it. Thanks for everyone's help on this. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting the hang of it.

Mike Brown

Pat, I think you misunderstand me. Yes, the "Custom Visibility" command is a menu item. The routines created using this command, however, are definitely scripts. It even gives you a "create script" or "execute now" option. When I select "create script" it allows me to name it and pick which palette to place it on or to create a new palette. When I select an existing palette, nothing happens. The script is gone forever. If I select "new palette" it allows me to do so and the new script I created is placed there. One script per palette, however, is not an option. I have a big screen, but not that big. It is clearly a bug and I'll pass that along to the bug list.

Thanks!

Mike Brown

Yes, I did misunderstand.

If it won't let you directly add the script to an existing palette, let it make a new one then use the Resource Browser to copy/move the script to the palette you want.

Or I think you can even use Copy/Paste to move scripts between palettes.

And the first visibility script I always make is Show All.