Kevin McAllister

Converting to Generic Solids

Is there a way to convert an extrude directly to a generic solid? It seems there are a lot of work around but Vectorworks won't allow me to convert them directly.

(This is not something I would normally do. I'm having some file conversion issues and things like symbols and extrudes seem to be disappearing in the conversion. My collaborator is using a high end industrial program called NX6. Ironically it imports Parasolid but apparently not a Parasolid file generated by Vectorworks.)

Kevin

Interesting. When I initially tried converting various extrudes, none of them would convert to Generic Solids. After restarting Vectorworks the conversions are now working fine. I guess I stumbled onto some sort of bug.

KM

There is a shortcut for Convert to Generic Solids, which is (win) ctrl+alt+shift+h. 

Converting Extrudes to Generic Solid was never a problem for me.

And since a few years you can even directly convert Meshes into Solids,

with out the workaround by a PushPull back and forth.

(The Meshes have to be ok and water tight of course)

I have things like "Convert to Solid" in my customized right mouse

option menue.

Is there a way to convert ALL solids to generic solids? All my object history is slowing down my file a lot... 

EDIT: nevermind! duh! you can just select everything and do it all with one command

Edited by ford519