Video screen acting strangly

I'm using VW 2013 with the service pack 3 installed, so I think I'm up to date. I'm using it on a late-2012 iMac, 27 inch, 3.4 GHZ Intel Core i7 with 16GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM. The video card is a ridiculously wordy NVIDIA GForce GTX 675MX with 1024mb (or 1GB) of VRAM. I'm using OS 10.8.3, which I think is the latest version. Now that that's out of the way, here is what's happening:

From time to time, I'll drag an object, but it will not go. The image stays where it started. If, however, I do a "select all" the object's handles appear in the seemingly empty place where it should have been after the drag. The image I can still see cannot be selected. Secondly, sometimes a wall (or anything else, 2D or 3D) will become discontinuous and pick up somewhere below where it should be. Again, if I do a "select all" the object handle's appear in the empty space where the wall was.

These are two examples of what is happening. I think I have a powerful enough video card and computer. If something is wrong with the card, however, I'd like to take the iMac in while it is still under warranty. Has anyone seen this type (or similar) video scrambling of the image. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Brown

So far replacing the so called "magic mouse" has calmed everything down. Could that be it? I'll use it the rest of the week and see. Kevin, that might even explain the problem with the MBP since the touch pad uses similar technology (minus the wireless component, I suppose.) Try working with a USB mouse and see if you get the same problem. Thanks for your help, by the way!

My problem was solved by putting the "magic mouse" in my desk drawer along with the keyboard that lacks a USB port. My seven year old G5 keyboard works much better, plus it has the easy-to-access USB port. (as an aside, which Einstein at Apple decided that placing all the inputs on the back of the iMac was a good idea?) My ancient G5's USB mouse has been working flawlessly, too.

Not sure what the problem is with your MBP, Kevin, but I would definitely try using a USB mouse for a while and see if that makes a difference.

Mike