VW2013-SP3 - BUG REMAINS! (rotated view problems)

VW2013 SP3

Mac - OSX 10.8.3

Hey, everyone -

I originally submitted this to Nemetschek via the appropriate channels, and now that I've installed SP3, I discovered that I had to do so again. Mark Stech-Novak saw this problem, back then. (scroll down to see my original post at the bottom of this one) Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, this is getting ridiculous. Is this problem really that hard to fix? Am I the only one that works using rotated views?

Here is the text I submitted. It's pretty lengthy, but if you have experienced the problem you'll get what I'm talking about right away.

Hello -

I submitted this as a bug after VW2013 was released, then after SP1, then after SP2, now (AGAIN) SP3. Is this really that hard to fix? I am working on a complex project with many non-90 degree angles and this bug continues to drive my batty. Please fix it for SP4!

1. ?Create a design layer at 1/4" = 1'-0" scale.

2. ?Draw several misc. rectangles, lines, etc.

3. ?Select all of these objects and Group them.

4. ?Rotate the view (to 17 degrees, for example)

5. ?With, for example, the upper left handle selected in the Object Info Palette, resize the object using the object info palette.

6. ?BUG - The location of the object does not change relative to the upper left corner of the group. ?The object is moved to a random, but consistant, incorrect location.

Depending on the size of objects, number of objects in the file, the amount of offset varies.

Other manifestations of this bug (Possibly)

2. ?Draw several misc. rectangles, lines, etc.

3. ?Select all of these objects and create a Symbol.

4. ?Rotate the view (to 17 degrees, for example)

5. ?Double click to "edit" the symbol.

6. ?BUG - Note how the symbol does not edit in place - that is, the view jumps off to a seemingly random location.

2. ?Rotate the view (to 17 degrees, for example)

3. Draw a rectangular polygon (NOT A RECTANGLE) and select it. To make the bug clear, the rectangle should be oriented so that it is square relative to the screen.

4. Select the "2D Reshape" tool.

5. ?Select the center handle (8 re-shape handles mode), hold the SHIFT key and try to drag side of the polygon perpendicular to that side.

6. ?BUG - the side of the polygon will snap to some seemingly random angle, but will not be perpendicular.

2. ?Rotate the view (to 17 degrees, for example)

3. Draw any object (line, circle, rectangle, polygon, etc)

4. "Cut" the object

5. ?Click on any spot in the drawing.

6. "Paste" the object

6. ?BUG - The object does not paste where the click (in step 5) was made. (If the view is not rotated, the object pastes in a spot centered on the step-5 click)

There are other issues, but I have a feeling fixing any of these will fix them all.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:45:58 -0800, MARK STECH-NOVAK wrote:

>YES !!! This is a real problem. I have a BIG project where everything is oriented to the spokes of

a wheel and all work needs be done in rotation view. Resizing is nearly impossible without things

flying off into space.

>

>If you have the misfortune to have to use imported Autocad objects, you cannot drop them into a

drawing when rotated as they will explode and you'll find bits and pieces all over the plan.

>

>

>MARK STECH-NOVAK

>Restaurant Consultation & Design

>mark@msnrcd.com

>www.msnrcd.com

>

>

>

On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:27 AM, Doug Shaffer wrote:

Hello -

We are working on a couple of projects that have elements that are not oriented to 0 / 90 / 180 / 270 degrees. Typically, to work on elements like these, I rotate the plan view on the screen so that those elements align with up / down / left / right on the monitor. This simplifies drawing rectangles, lines, etc. as wells as entering angles, lengths, etc.

However, when I create a group and resize it using the object info palette, the group gets moved to a seemingly random location. For example, if the group is 10' x 10' and I resize it to 15' x 10' (having selected the upper left handle in the object info. palette) the entire object moves from it's original location. That is, the "X" and "Y" fields in the object info. palette change randomly.

This ONLY occurs when I am in a rotated view. The "X" and "Y" fields do not change when the view is not rotated.

This did not occur in Version 2009.

Also, and perhaps this related, I have noticed that when I copy an object, click on a point on the screen, then "paste" (not "paste in place") the object does not show up where I clicked. Has this feature changed? Again, this only occurs when the plan view is rotated.

Is this a bug?

Thanks for any tips.

Edited by doug shaffer
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

We have just bought VW2013 Architect in order to have this feature - the rotated view. Indeed, that's not possible to do on the Fundamental version.

And I am very surprised to see that resizing groups in rotated mode doesn't work ...

I thought that it was me that don't understand relative "X" and "Y", but as I can see everyone has the same (big) problem.

I enjoyed to download the SP3, but my disapointement re-appears, the problem was still there.

So what can I do ??

Thanks a lot,

JB Demolder