Revit 2014

Their What's New list reads basically like our Wish List

That I do not agree on. I checked their what's new list and there aren't that much exiting features on it that users really need.

lagging behind NV?

But on this one I do agree. I really think they should hire more people and step it up. Blow VW apart and put it back together as a puzzle, not a pile of plugins like it now is. There are too many features every release to have new ones and that never get developed further, so what's the point of them? Think about the wall sculpting object etc....

Not?!

1. Materials resources

2. Stair/railing improvements

3. Schedules improvement

4. Dual dimensions improvements

5. CSV improvements

6. Snappier and Smoother performance

7. External Database integration improvements

Their What's New list reads basically like our Wish List

That I do not agree on. I checked their what's new list and there aren't that much exiting features on it that users really need.

Most of the other wishes are already present in Revit......

Edited by Vincent C

Those what's new items are all improvements. Materials were already there and they haven't changed, only the dialog for editing them changed, so if you compare the two versions, at first glance, it's not a really big update.

But I do agree with you Vincent that Revit has a lot that VW really need to have. The thing is that Revit is a package that fits together, VW is a heap of plugins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The "exploded 3D view" can be done in Vw by using Design Layer Viewports, one for each layer of the view, and separating them in the Z axis in the Unified Layer mode.

Usually this type of view is for machine assemblies. Or in architecture, if you're going to have large prefabricated building assemblies brought to the site.

As for any of the other new Revit 2014 features, I wish Vw 2014 had some of that "Snappier and Smoother Performance"!

• 1 month later...