Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Kieffer

Plumbing Pipe Fittings

I need to draw some 3D plumbing pipe with fittings. I took a quick look at the MEP, Fasteners, and Detailing Tool sets and I don't see what I need. Is there a library of plumbing pipe fittings for the resource browser?

I don't know any good resource

I built my own, the script is a bit rough so not really for general public.

If other users think this looks like a good tool, I would be happy to give it to NA to develop properly.

Edited by Assembly

What does the VW pipping run tool do? The icon indicates that it makes 3D pipe, but I can?t get it to do that.

Assembly,

Thanks for the link. Making the pipe is less of a concern to me than making the fittings, and that tool seems like overkill for my needs.

Pipping run has been there for a long time. I think it is supposed to be used as a mark up tool. It is not 3D as far as I can tell.

Yes Bruce a piping tool that generates 3D can be set for size and type and also set invert of pipe at beginning, end and at intervals would be a massively wonderfully addition.

pipe tool concept (what it should do)

how it might work (docking rings)

the above videos were submitted to vw some time ago

digitalmechanics,

Great presentation! This is absolutely a tool that NA needs to add to VW. What was the response you received from them when you sent your presentation?

at the time, it was mentioned that as set of 3d constraints would need to be developed before doing something like this. keep in mind that this was not in any way an official response. just someone musing

Wow, four years ago. Has there been any developments here? I'm looking for exactly what that digitalmechanics video layed out.

• Like 1