Printing Problems

L+K

We're currently using an Epson Stylus 1520 to print 11x17 VW drawings. Recently, several lines in our drawings are missing when we print them out- however, very visible on the screen. It seems the problem began shortly after installing VW9, but has also afflicted our 8 filles, too. Is there a bug in 9 that you're aware of? Print driver issue? Any suggestions??

Thanks.

The Epson 1520 on my system only works in MAC OS 9, not OS X flavors. Is that what you are using?

VW 8.5.x is what I use under OS 9 and it has always been fine- no line squishing.

Perhaps you or someone else can comment about using this printer in OS X. No drivers appear to be available for it or for the RIP that Epson sold.

frown.gif" border="0

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: hmseiden ]

We are using OS 9.x. The lines may or may not have a common weight or layer, class..... I don't think that's the problem being that it printed before and now it doesn't.

It's not a paper size issue either.

For example, in a section, a column will just be missing from the print. It has the same attributes as all of the other columns, but for some reason it doesn't print.

The patterns thingy - Try this: Go into the Print menu, from the drop down box, select VectorWorks. There is an option there to Enable special processing for transparent color bitmaps. Try checkmarking this option and see what happens to your patterns.

You say it printed before, but doesn't print now. What version of VW did it print in last?

Do you have CarbonLib 1.6 installed?

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

printing problem

early august i made a drawing and printed it on a hp1220c, tabloid size, and it worked. yesterday i can print any of my drawings in tabloid size on my 1220c. confused.gif" border="0

i select tabloid in the page set-up. the drawing shows the right size of paper. i open print dialogue, it says us letter

platform is g4.os 9.2, vw 9.5.1 carbon lib is 1.6, hp 4.3. i've reinstalled all of these on the of chance something was corrupted(except carbon)still no deal. and i've tried other programs but do not have that problem.

quote:

Originally posted by bruce johansen:

printing problem

early august i made a drawing and printed it on a hp1220c, tabloid size, and it worked. yesterday i can print any of my drawings in tabloid size on my 1220c.
confused.gif" border="0

i select tabloid in the page set-up. the drawing shows the right size of paper. i open print dialogue, it says us letter

platform is g4.os 9.2, vw 9.5.1 carbon lib is 1.6, hp 4.3. i've reinstalled all of these on the of chance something was corrupted(except carbon)still no deal. and i've tried other programs but do not have that problem.

2 hours later, fixed the problem by using hp driver 4.13