Moving Reference Grid

I am working out the layout pattern for a series of small (detail) using 2 1/4" and 1-1/8" modules in a large room. The room will be adjusted based on this small module; and also the locations of critical doors and openings. This is all drafted line work, BTW.

I would like to use the reference and snapping grids to help adjust how I position the start points of the pattern. However, the grid, when displayed, is not in the right spot according to the floor plan that I am using.

Is there a way to select the grid and relocate one of the axis to a start point of my choosing? If not, what options do I have?

thanks!

One option is to Tools>Set Origin. Not typically recommend but it will do what you need in this case.

Another is to simply place a Grid object from the Dim/Notes toolset & lock it in place.

Also - you could set up an Architectural Grid using the Grid Bubble tool in the Dim/Notes.

or you could draw an array of grid-lines manually and Modify>Guides>Make Guides

thanks for the input. I was drawing lines and offsetting....but the draw grid command is a faster technique. Thanks!

I was hoping I could just move the reference grid around as needed.

How about using two origins - how is that done? The help menu mentions it, but does not explain it, which of course is not very helpful.