wall types/fills

Mat,

Do you have "Use Layer Colors" turned on? This can over ride color and fill information on a per layer basis.

To check, go to your document preferences, and look on the display tab.

Otherwise, I would make sure you have not pasted the walls down into a grayed layer or class. When wall objects are grayed, their fill becomes invisible.

You can also see what happens when you move them between layers with the object info pallet instead of cut as paste.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

Hi Matthew, thanks for replying.

If I change the wall's layer using the OIP to Mod-Floor-1 (a layer created using the setup assistant) the fill disappears (class is wall-ext-masonry). If I change the layer to Mod-Slab-1, the fill is visible.I do not swicth sheets at all during this.I have tried toggling "use layer colors", and the class is not greyed (I don't change the class).Any more ideas?Thanks

The layer dosen't look grey, and holdon, ...it's not greyed out

BTW, when I cahnge the layer of a wall with a door in it to Mod-Floor-1, the door swing disapears too. So it's like it turns into a reflected ceiling plan view...on layer Mod-floor-1.

Now although I used the setup assistant I may well have changed something about Mod-Floor-1