SM and road NURBS...

ginger04

Hi,

I have this (attach. 1 - 3D view) and I need this (att.2 - 2D plan view). Simply, I have a complex SM, where I've put few roads (from roadway NURBS tool, so the DTM was modified) but now I need to create curve junction between them. The problem is that both roads have pads, and of course any connection between them shows INTERSECTING PADS and SM crushes:( Any suggestions? Thanks!

I haven't had problems with stipple as yet. I find them very useful for good graphic representation with just few clicks:)

Thank you guys for putting me on the right track with pads command. I don't find NURBS roads function useful anymore! And I don't understand the need for using it, cause it takes more time to create it and it doesn't give the proper effect, especially with slope and grades:( SITE MODIFIER tool turning to PADS and with given grade limit is really the best option ever, gives the control on what and how should be modified in the DTM model. I haven't tried this on intersections yet but I will let you know.

Struggled with my SM all the weekend, which is quite complicated now, I noticed few things:

- the SM has some limit with pads, after exceeding it crushes (in my case, it happens when it loses the texture)

- sometimes decreasing = deleting the number of gardes around pads (the blue line boundary) let my add more pads

- on this level of complication adding even simple road nurb or landscpe wall as site modifier crushes the SM