Sign in to follow this  
Vincent C

DWG import/export problems

I don't like the way VWs has become very cranky when it involves DWG import and export (especially export).

It takes a very long time to import very small DWG files set to the simplest settings, and export is a nightmare, not only is it impossible to export sheets as 2d model space DWGs, i now have a problem in one of my files simply exporting Sheets as is, after a couple of actions I get the Marble of Death and need to force quit VWs.....

I had to tell an external construction consultant they could only get model dwgs today because my CAD program couldn't export the sheets, this is very embarrassing and puts me in a bad light both in and outside the office, people wonder why I use this software?

Edited by Vincent C

You know, on days like this I'm very tempted to unwrap and instal the totally unused Revit 2012 version we have lying around the office.

Get you're act together NV!

Edited by Vincent C

Vincent and Jim, hate to spoil your bad mood, but I do import and export .dwg several times a week, and I've never experienced the problem you are having. Maybe there is something about your setup or preferences?

OK thanks Pete, then there is some glitch in my system or a combination OSX -VW2013.....bugger. However the fact remains it is cranky, I've been using this software long enough to recognize crankiness/instability as opposed to a plain old simple bug.....

Edited by Vincent C