Changing Plant Opacity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I adjust the layer opacity in a lot of situations, but when you do that, the plant tags are also greyed out to the same level as the rest of the layer. That's fine if you're trying to screen out that entire layer of information, yet leave it visible enough for reference. However, sometimes it's nice to have all the plant tags fully black and only the canopy plants grey. In that case, it's a little trickier since turning off or greying any of the classes such as plants-color fill or interior line, or even outline will also affect all the other plants. Maybe there is a way to turn off classes on a per-layer basis. I'll have to look into that though.

John

Sorry, that last note didn't come close to answering your original question! Assuming everything's running correctly with your program, it could be a few things:

Either the layer you're importing to is set to lower than 100% opacity (Don's suggestion above)

or:

You have some of your plant classes set up to be greyed.

or:

Something's funny about the import process (settings?) in which case I won't be much help.

I'd check the first two by looking at your class settings, and of course your layer opacity. However, maybe you could try importing again into a new blank (non-template) document which has all the default settings intact. If that still ends up grey, then it's probably something with the way you're importing, or the import file itself.

There shouldn't be a problem with versions (ie, you're importing a symbol file from an earlier version of VW), but if you're importing symbols from another drawing instead of a symbol library, maybe there's something set up at the other end that's causing it. I doubt it's anything like that though.

John