Christiaan

RW Texture should follow length of Framing Members

Question

Renderworks wood Textures should follow the length of Framing Members.

My experience is that they follow the length along the sides but not along the top and bottom edges.

Only the ends should be cross-grained.

P.S. we shouldn't have to wish list this kind of thing

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

The easiest workaround for me is to make a duplicate of the desired Texture and in the duplicate rotate the Orientation 90*. Then apply the duplicate texture to the framing members. I agree that this flaw has been around too long and should be one of things that "just work".

Peter, I very much want to do exactly what you describe: have two textures with the wood grain at 90° to each other.

I can duplicate a RW texture, but don't see how to rotate the orientation. Help?

In the Edit Texture Dialog, next to the Color [Image eg] Pulldown, click the Edit button. Then click the Rotate button. Voila!

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 7.24.39 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And make sure to also rotate any of the other three shaders (Reflectivity, Transparency, Bump) that happen to be using an Image.