best way to create a solid from a network of 3dPolys

Greetings again

I have a network of closed 3dpolys that they themselves enclose a space much like a faceted sphere or polyhedron.

What would be the best way to convert them into a solid

I could convert them all to a Mesh at once, but not a solid from the mesh...

I converted them all to nurbs then ungrouped them and re selected them all and could not create a surface from all of them.

I was able to individually convert each Nurbs Curve to a surface...and from there stitch and trim Surface to get a Solid

after Undolng, I was also able to Ddd Solids to get a Solids Addition

So I was able to convert all 3d Polys to Nurbs at once, all to a Mesh at once, and all surfaces to a solid at once, but not all Nurbs to either one surface or one solid at once...

Is this just me, or is this normal operations?

Is there a better way?

Thanks

There should be a better way tho....LOL, you havent tried editing that solid, have you?

Time to create (NNA) a unified script that deals with all possibilities.

Ironically, at the heart of this program is parasolid its time for a paramedic

Scripting may be a possibility, though i have only tried object creation scripts, but it couldn't be too hard to figure out; along the lines of:

for each member of selection do

ConvertToNURBS

CreateSurfacefromCurvesNetwork

end

SelectAll

TrimNurbsSurface

of course all in the proper VS/Pascal syntax...

I thought I posted this earlier, but it's gone:

If the 3d poly facets actually enclose a volume, the Model>Add Solids should work. If it doesn't, then either too many facets, or the edges/vertices are not coincident.

Try adding a few at a time. Then add the bunches. When you get them all, Convert to Mesh.

Just a reminder - If working a LONG Way from drawing Origin (say 100s or 1000s of miles), the 3d tools have problems. Move the whole thing to origin and try again.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
I thought I posted this earlier, but it's gone:

If the 3d poly facets actually enclose a volume, the Model>Add Solids should work. If it doesn't, then either too many facets, or the edges/vertices are not coincident.

Try adding a few at a time. Then add the bunches. When you get them all, Convert to Mesh.

Just a reminder - If working a LONG Way from drawing Origin (say 100s or 1000s of miles), the 3d tools have problems. Move the whole thing to origin and try again.

-B

That works...especially after closing one of the PLines that was causing the error

Ctrl +A

Ctrl + Alt + A

Problem Solved

Thanks a whole heap Benson