Callout / leader text alignment

New to VW coming from AutoCAD.

I've just drawn a bunch of callouts to note some things on an elevation, now i want to align them so that the beginning of each bit of text aligns vertically. I've set the text alignment to always justify left and tried using the 'align/distribute' tool to move them into place. What it does is aligns the left most point of the 'max text width' box. this is nice but the text does not justify to this point (even though it's left justified).

Is there a way to set the text box width to fit the text? This would then work with the align tool i think.

Ok, i've figure out that after drawing the callouts i can then manually adjust the text box size to fit each bit of text and then use the align tool, but this seems inefficient to me.

Any tips?

Oh, and i've also noticed that using the align tool moves the entire callout, not just the tex box, which means i then have to adjust the arrows again.

Edited by Dunconius

Ahh ok. I have now managed to align my leaders by the label point, but the label points are all on the right hand side of the text (leaders are to the left of my elevation).

How can i modify the leaders so the label point is on the left?

I want the first letter of each piece of text to align vertically, when placed on the left of my elevation (i know this is very specific, but i can do it in AutoCAD and i'm a stickler for neat formatting)

• 4 years later...
Guest Blars

Is it possible to left align the "Text Box" and extend the leader to the right?  all i seem to be able to do is set the point where the leader begins and the text ends... why is there another control point given for the text when it cannot be used to Left Justify text? 

• 1 year later...

Yes the call-out tool could do with some formatting tweeks. At the moment I always justify my text to the same side as the leader line. That way the text width doesn't matter and the it lines up nicely. I just wish it would do this automatically...

image.thumb.png.d78526523e58fce5ea9047a7b4c4862f.png

On 3/8/2013 at 11:20 AM, Dunconius said:

What it does is aligns the left most point of the 'max text width' box. this is nice but the text does not justify to this point (even though it's left justified).

Check your text margins are all the same in the OIP. If they are then the text should align.