site model slope

Hello again,

What is the simplest way to create a contoured slope?

For easy visual effect I had extruded a polygon when establishing design layers/floors.

I've deleted that and want to establish a contoured grade.

It is arbitrary at this point as the lot hasn't been secured for the house, yet I want to both learn and provide good illustration of potential designs.

Thank you

I've got it.

I wasn't thinking in 3D when setting stakes.

Very cool stuff.

So for anyone needing the same help...

I simple set stakes in a 'site design layer' at a chosen Z.

I visualized a piece of land with various highs and lows and placed stakes defining those peaks and valleys. The more stakes placed, the more varied the landscape.

I used the 'select similar' tool and then chose AEC/Terrain/create site model and voila!

THe site settings option in the object menu gives a solid mesh option that makes for a nice confirming look see.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Use the Site Modifiers tool to draw a Pad on the site and set it to the desired elevation of building footprint. Then, draw another site modifier in Grade Limits mode around this to determine how much of the site should be changed by your pad.

Then select the Site Model, ensure it is set to show Proposed, and click Update on the Object Info palette.