Colour discrepancy between 2D elevations and 3D?

All elevations look the same. This isn't so much a question of how to fix it as why does it do it like this in the first place?

Actually, now it is a case of how do I fix this? I thought this was just some kind of default behaviour and a setting or two would change it but I think it might be a bug.

I wasn't offering my standards as a solution to your problem necessarily, but the default indoor lighting level you are using is perhaps wrong for external depictions, and I have found that the ambient light level of 35% is too low, so maybe the default levels are affecting the elevations and perspective in different ways.

Same model, same render settings. Different view projection = different colours. Why?

I'm glad you asked that question I'm having the same problems I thought it was just my settings, I spent several hours trying to get 2D elevations, from a 3D model to look the same colours, without success, using renderworks.

I notice that moving the light source does help a bit tho, but far from what i need.

But they're both using exactly the same light settings (the defaults).

You know, I don't think this is true however not your fault though.......I think the problem is the fact that you are using an ortho-view, in perspective views only part of the light is reflected back at the viewer while in ortho-view (which basically is a none realistic view) a much larger fraction of the light is reflected back at the viewer and this makes it look 'lighter', mind this is only my theory, I don't really know how the function is programmed to reflect light.

You could try this theory by making the ortho-view into a perspective and see if there is a difference.