Custom Hatch Patterns - with?

OK, so coming from Autocad I have hundreds of hatch patterns that are...well, awesome. I want to use those hatch patterns in VW. How do I do that?

I've come across the same tutorial to create a brick hatch pattern 10,000 times but no where can I find how to either a) import existing patterns for stone, concrete, etc or b) create my own.

Help is always appreciated!

Thank you.

Jeremiah

Dworks, thank you. You would think that simple explanation would be all over the place, but it is not.

So, if I understand correctly, if I have a .dwg file that has all the hatches I want tiled within the file, I simply import it, and add each hatch to my resource browser?

Does that add it to my library for use every time or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks again!

Jeremiah

The way I have my hatches set up:

I have a custom VW hatch file with all the hatches I want to load as default in my user folder, and another hatch file with less used hatches located outside of the Default folder which I can import when desired.

I simply import it, and add each hatch to my resource browser?

Does that add it to my library for use every time or is there something else I need to do?

They will be in your resource browser.

You then just save the file and add it to your favorites folder so it Always end up in your resource browser favorites for easy use. This folder can be found in /Library/Favorites, either in your user folder, workgroup folder or program folder. If you work alone, just put it into your user folder. If you work with other people who also want to use this, put it in a workgroup folder (can be any folder you make on some kind of network) and add this folder in the VW preferences.

If you want them to popup when you need to select a hatch as attribute, you can put the file in /Library/Defaults/Attributes - Hatches