Printing to PDF VERY slow

mmoriarty

Question

I have been using VW 2008 for a long time but now have VW 2013. I frequently print a pdf with a plan view image and and iso or perspective view rendered with Renderworks as Fast Renderworks background and Hidden Line foreground or just Renderworks using the "Cartoon" setting. THis works pretty well most of the time in VW 2008. In VW 2013 the Renderworks image renders okay but when I go to print the sheet it takes FOREVER . . . from 15 minutes up to ctrl-alt-del 'cuz I can't wait any longer. If it ever does print the pdf is very large. What would be a 1MB pdf for VW 2008 is 6 or 7MB from VW 2013.

Can anyone tell me why this works in VW2008 and not in VW 2013.

BTW: I would also like to know why if I open the resulting pdf in Illustrator, the renderworks image is composed of hundreds of images . . . one image for every row of pixels. Why isn't it just one image?

2 answers to this question

I have encountered the problem when I've imported a symbol (or anything for that matter!) from another designer's VW document that was a student version (sticking my subsequent files with that watermark even though I paid full fair!)... the export won't work because it creates a password protected PDF for which there actually isn't a password.  So print to PDF is the only option and it takes forever!  Ugh...