insert symbol in corner of 2 walls

There's only two object types that I "insert": Windows and Doors. All the rest behave really badly when inserted, like stairs, bath tubs, furniture. They get all wonky and always seem to flip to the wrong side of everything.

I think of it like "real life". Is a bathtub part of a wall? Never. It is "placed" in the room after the walls are constructed. And thats just the way I do it in VW's.

Now I know you'll ask, what about structural posts/columns? They actually are part of real life walls... But I still just place them. For two reasons. One is that they often span layers (like from foundation to roof) and two is that I never want them to show in my final elevations. If I put them in their own class, then make that class invisible in the Elevation, these can sometimes leave holes in walls if they are inserted...

The other obvious question has to do with the management and tracking of all these objects. For me it's easy as I am a one-man shop. Everything I do is mine and mine alone. Just gotta stay focused and attentive. Which should be part of a job well done anyhow...

I have never been able to get the feature in the wall (projection) to work correctly either.

You cannot texture it separately from the wall as 'use 3d object attributes' or changing it to an object does not work (or trying to texture it via a class for that matter).

I have never been able to get the feature in the wall (projection) to work correctly either.

You cannot texture it separately from the wall as 'use 3d object attributes' or changing it to an object does not work (or trying to texture it via a class for that matter).

Those objects just doesn't work. It's far better to use symbols instead.

I like to be able to insert custom structural posts/columns and objects to walls so that when I move a wall, the inserted structures will move along with it. That offers so much flexibilities when there are changes to the design. I also find constraints in Vectorworks are very limited and unstable.

• Like 1