Symbol Library file / replacing old symbols / orientation ?

i doubt my explanation will be clear, but hopefully this is common enough that it will be familiar to someone.

i am having a tough time getting my newer, externally referenced, door symbols to orient themselves correctly on the floor plan. Ive checked the original symbols, that i am replacing, and they are all rotated to 0 degrees and when opening that symbol up, they seem to be rotated differently in the edit symbol mode. i can not make sense of it. since i am using the same locus point all i have to do it numerically rotate the symbol, which is not a big deal, but if at all possible, id like to simply mass replace and be done.

i will try to explain.

i have a file that contains symbols that i am replacing with new symbols that are built in, and placed from a new, external, symbol library file.

i am starting by copying the old symbol from the org file, pasting into the new symbol library file, editing, and renaming.

with the new symbol library file already referenced in the target floor plan file, i then use the replace symbol button, then replace the doors.

the first time i did it all the doors were oriented properly. luck? then i tried another (noticed that in the edit symbol mode it was rotated differently) and almost none were correct.

THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...